These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Wednesday, August 5, 2015

My Own Two Feet

Mt. Rainier National Park - August 2014


I just finished this piece and, as I did, I realized that I had this picture in my head from my trip last summer. 

My Own Two Feet

Taking a full, deep breath I fill my lungs with
clean, crisp air.
My experienced, yet tender feet are firmly planted
on the sweet, solid earth below.
My wide open eyes gaze upon glorious mountains
in the distance and reflective waters nearby.
Grasses sway in a gentle breeze as
wildflowers pulsate with color and happiness.
Mystical swirls of water vapor form
fair weather clouds in the radiant blue sky.
Tears begin to work their way to the surface,
representing hard work, deep exploration,
amazing shifts, residual confusion.
In this moment, though, I softly brush them  aside.
This is a time to savor, celebrate
and I can cry later.
I reach my arms out wide wanting to embrace
all that is,
all that was,
all that will be.
There’s more to do, more to know,
more to grow.
But I’m okay, we’re okay.
We’re becoming one
as we move into wholeness.
I’m standing on my own two feet,
right here,
right now,
grateful for my gifts, my life,
happy to be me.
Sarah Carlson
August 5, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment