These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Sunday, September 25, 2016

Stretching to Embrace

Seen as I walked back to my car after an evening equinox swim at Clearwater Lake, Maine


I have been fascinated by this image, stopping in my tracks when I saw it. And these are the words that have come over the past few days:

Stretching to Embrace

Rooted in divine fathoms,
my pristine pieces
stretch to embrace 
placid evening light.
Murky shadows,
not an accurate
 reflection of my essence,
are simply part of my whole.
And I embrace them, too.
I can choose to befriend
all that has come before,
safe with the knowledge
that throughout my life
this benevolent spirit
has been fluid,
active and true.
Sarah Carlson
September 25, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment