These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Sunday, October 9, 2016

The Radiance of Change

Reflections from an October swim - Clearwater Lake, Maine

I was going to share some of the story as to how this piece emerged, but I decided to just let it speak on its own.
It's been quite a week of letting go, letting out, letting be. Enjoy.

The Radiance of Change

As the currents of my being
become more fully free,
 often I have prolonged
 moments of dropping into
my own validity.
Time and time again
congestion caused by
bygone perplexities unwinds
and allows for novelty
and liberation.
Rooted in rightness,
this involves a purposeful
willingness to let go.
I can’t change what was,
only my reactions to what
is right in front of me.
Recognizing the possibility
of old patterns pulling me astray,
I can choose to rely upon
bedrock of excavated truths
to discover a new way through.
Lovingly, tenderly
I wrap my arms around
all I’ve been,
all I am,
and all I have left to be.
I encourage the freedom of unfettering,
nurture the power of presence and
embrace the radiance of change.
There is beauty in me
right here, right now.
More and more I feel safe
to let it reflect and refract
into the light of day.
Sarah Carlson
October 9, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment