These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Awaken

Morning after Winter Storm Stella - March 15, 2017


Awaken

Through the night
 wild winds blow,
shaking me to my core.
Multi-faceted roots
hold fast to the sure and solid earth
as a sparkling, pristine
blanket shields me in my slumber.
Branches of my being quiver and quake
 in the onslaught of the blizzard,
but I find my rhythm and
learn to dance with the storm,
yield to its power,
discover from its might.
Morning comes as the sun slides
above the horizon,
begins to warm the chilly air,
sends shadows skittering
across the crystalline scene.
There is a promise,
a quickening as
roots stretch,
trunk expands,
branches swell
with a readiness to bud.
Awaken
to a new day,
a coming season,
a deserved rebirth.
Awaken
 to the freshening,
the unfettering,
the freeing.
Awaken
 to being
right here,
right now.
Let the storm pass and
awaken.
Sarah Carlson
March 15, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment