These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Friday, June 30, 2017

Top of the Island

Burnt Island Sunrise - June 29, 2017


Top of the Island

First one up, the top of the island calls to me.
Gentle morning colors spread across the sky,
reflect in the rhythmic, quiet sea.
Undersides of the wispy clouds 
are tinged with pink, and promise.
Slowly the sun makes its way 
above the opposite shore
as the warmth it provides 
caresses my waiting cheeks.
I take a deep breath,
open wide my arms and my heart,
feeling grateful to greet a new day
in such a magical place.
Sarah Carlson
June 30, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment