These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Oh, How I Miss...


As I celebrated the fact that The Radiance of Change is now for sale in Rangeley, Maine at a delightfully named bookstore - Books, Lines and Thinkers - this picture dropped into my mind. It was taken on Dallas Hill in Rangeley at the home of some good friends at the time. Barry and I had stopped by to let them know we had decided to get married. It was late May of 1979 and we were married a month later.

Oh, How I Miss…

Oh, how I miss those arms, those eyes,
that heart.
Wonderfully lanky arms,
so often draped over my shoulder
or linked in mine
as we walked and talked
in harmony and peace.
Beautiful blue eyes,
filled with such tenderness and acceptance,
seeing me as I had never been seen before.
I saw you seeing me and knew that
you saw me seeing you.
Deeply caring heart
so in love with me
and the glories and challenges
of marriage and parenthood shared.
The heart that knew the moment we met
that you and I would be us.
And a wonderful us we were,
still are.
Even in moments of stress or misunderstanding
the promise of
reconciliation and restoration,
no grudges to be held,
remained true.
In my healing I’ve learned to embrace it all –
the triumphs and sorrows,
the connection and loneliness,
the love and longing.
And, oh how I miss those arms, those eyes,
 that heart.
Sarah Carlson
May 15, 2018

1 comment: