These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Monday, February 20, 2023

Deep Love


 Deep Love

Childhood Love,
so open and pure,
kept me trying so very hard
to help.
Nanny Love,
has returned to me,
reminds me,
stays with me
just as I need it to be.
Quagmire Love,
reached through the murk,
allowed so much light
in and around and through,
 both sustains me
 and has made healing a challenge.
Mommy and Daddy Love.
In tandem we treasured the
very essence of their beings
as they grew.
How grateful I am to be able
to do so still.
Oma Love.
 the richness of it
brings it all back around
with gentle goodness
as his essence both
 expands and enfolds.
As I stop
to breathe, notice,
bathe in the simple splendor
of an evening cloud
that tickles the treetops,
illuminates the beauty of
both light and dark,
I quietly honor
the presence of
Deep Love
within and without.

Sarah Carlson
February 20, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment