These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Thursday, March 23, 2017

Mourning Light

Sunrise in my front yard - March 22, 2017

The morning after experiencing a very powerful and healing Osteopathic manipulation this was the scene as the sun rose over my neighborhood. I was making breakfast and noticed a serene purple glow outside my kitchen window. I stepped out onto my deck with my camera and was able to capture just a taste of this magical, but fleeting scene. I felt as if I was in a bubble of beauty that most certainly included me. Just after I took this picture a snow squall blew through, but the feelings and emotions have stayed with me as a gentle sensation of rightness.
Here is my attempt to put words to what seems to be happening within:

Mourning Light

No one has the right
to tell another where
or when or how
 to grieve.
A softness comes
to mourning
as authentic
emotions are free
to come to light.
A gentle dawning unfolds,
surrounds,
weaves its way
within and without,
 a welcome glow of
ethereal awareness.
As morning sun penetrates
 the darkness of night,
so does mourning light
 seep its way into
a being who chooses
to explore the
diverse and intricate
facets of grief.
What a pure and 
tender experience
it is to behold
and embrace
the beauty, 
the grace,
the rightness
of mourning light.
Sarah Carlson
March 23, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment