These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Mother Love

Artwork by Judith Aldrich - June 2015
For a long time I've understood that some things that I can freely put out into the world were/have been missing for me. Part of my healing has been to feel this, get this - physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Yesterday I had an experience that, I believe, was and will continue to be part of ongoing transformation...

Mother Love

I open sleepy eyes and see her
peering over the edge of the crib,
carefully checking… on me.
The pureness of her
love oozes over the rail,
between the slats
 as it gently winds around
and through my being.
Her kind eyes sparkle with the
simple joy of being my mom.
I feel comfortable
 within though
my blanket has fallen away,
the warmth of her guardianship
and acceptance
wrapping me in safety.
She picks up my blanket,
folds it and sets it aside.
She knows that in that moment
I have no need for it.
Slowly and gently she slides
her hands under me and lifts.
I am at once suspended
and connected,
my foundation
healthy and strong.
She lays me against her and
I feel our hearts beating together,
though each has a chest of its own.
I snuggle my face
into the tenderness of her skin,
close my eyes and
allow myself to soak in
the sweet, soft sensations of
Mother Love.
Sarah Carlson
April 4, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment