These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Friday, April 28, 2017

Godsends

The Love Plant - has bloomed three times since it was given to me - on Memorial Day, Thanksgiving and Easter
Godsends

Dear Barry,
I’m here again needing
to connect with you.
I’ve been sorting through
all my poetry in the hopes
of publishing so that maybe
our love, my healing from
your departing
will help others.
More and more I cherish how
you were a godsend to me,
and I to you.
That’s the word that dropped
into my head yesterday
when I thought of you
as I pondered which
pieces of my heart to share.
Godsend.
It’s all through the writings
I’ve done these past years,
that sense of rightness of
the intertwining of our lives.
I’m just so grateful for your love,
for the caring protection
you extended just by being you
with me.
And even though it has not
been easy to adjust to your death,
I’m grateful for the fruits
of my labors as I
forge ahead
and more fully bloom.
They are godsends, too.
I love you, Barry.
I always will.
I'm so happy that we
were godsends for
each other.
Sarah Carlson
April 28, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment