These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Thursday, March 8, 2018

Here I Am


Here I Am

Liberated little one –
brimming with wants and needs,
joy and wonder,
curiosity and concern,
hope and love.
Smiles and frowns come more freely
as our integral being
relaxes into now.
Energies combine
into a fervent, flowy mix
as the effects of a turbulent past
continue to diminish and disperse.
Sorrows such as the
long ago loss of a brother
may be felt anew,
as stifled emotions
are allowed and honored.
Triumphs such as the
birth of a brand new book
are safe to embrace,
 as our words of healing are
 heartfelt and genuine.
Like sunbeams and shadows
on a deep woods trail,
the interplay creates
 a pleasant, intricate whole.
We can rest easy in the moment,
 savor our vitality,
appreciate our place
within the vastness
of it all.
We can simply say,
“Here I am, this is me,”
and see where next
 the open pathways may lead.
Sarah Carlson
March 8, 2018

1 comment:

  1. Another wonder-full poem, Sarah. On second reading, the lines "Our integral being relaxes into now" really stood out for me. I love that idea of an "integral being." Somehow, while reading this poem, the image of taffy occurred to me -- the tension and resolution of so many emotions while the mind tries to find a certain inclusive equilibrium. Then, when I thought of that, I recognized the common format of all your poems really expresses this equilibrium -- each line extending in equal and opposite directions from a common center point. Thank you for your eloquence, your openness and the unique way you bring love into the world.

    ReplyDelete