These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A place to fit



This poem came to mind recently and I was surprised to discover that I hadn't posted it. It's been important to me lately because I realized that I'm still moving in to this dwelling that is me...:)

A Place to Fit

I keep trying to find a way,
a place
to fit.
For so long I’ve searched
and pondered and wondered.
The years of my marriage were
a partnership of caring, understanding
and love.
We fit together and made each other
complete.
Yet, as I look back I know I still
felt unease within.
As I’ve traveled to many places
in this journey of sorrow and grief,
on this quest for healing,
the question remains -
Where do I fit?
As I clear out the last of the clutter
I think I finally understand that
the elusive place I’ve been looking for
is right inside
of me.
It is simply time to move into
the glorious space that is
my self -
a promising place to
fit right in.
Sarah Carlson
August 24, 2008

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, this is so insightful.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your response. I appreciate hearing from people...

    ReplyDelete