These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Monday, August 22, 2011

Enfolding



I was quite taken with the row of day lilies that were along the eastern side of Burnt Island near the lighthouse. I went up there several mornings to watch the sunrise and ended up taking several pictures with the lilies front and center. One of my favorites is one that I took one afternoon after a storm had come through and the sky had cleared. Hanging out with those lilies made me think of this poem and, when I read it, I realized that it means something a little different to me now than it did when I wrote it. I already shared it in an earlier post, but I want to share it again.

Enfolding

Like a rose she opens

to her world

anew.

Like a day lily

she curls in

at night.

Opening and closing she

tests, tries, tarries a while

when it feels

right.

Her eyes see things she

didn’t recognize

before.

Her mind functions

more in tandem with

her heart.

She wraps her arms

around all that is

hers,

beautiful body,

open heart,

active mind,

loving soul.

Embracing all that is

within and without,

she knows that her gifts

are hers

to honor and share.

Enfolding - going in

to all that is good,

instead of going

away.

Sarah Carlson

July 20, 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment