These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Sunday, August 21, 2011

Power spot


As we were gaining our sense of place on Burnt Island we were asked to choose a 'power spot' - a place we were especially drawn to that would become where we would go to work on our Nature Journals during parts of the week. At first I wasn't sure about being able to pick one spot because the island had so many lovely nooks and crannies. But there was one place that did seem to call to me. It was just below the lighthouse on some rocks by the water.
Above is a picture of me in my spot and another of the view to my right as I sat and worked in my journal.

Power Spot

Rocky perch by the water,
light watches down over me.
Evening breeze surrounds
as the setting sun gently
paints the sky.
Artistic attempts,
though tentative and halting,
lead to feeling settled,
connected, peaceful.

Sarah Carlson
August 1, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment