These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Sunday, November 15, 2015

One Piece at a Time





Stacking wood took on a new meaning for me as I contemplated the events of Friday night. This has been a time, for me, that inner discoveries and outward connection have become increasingly clarified and solidified. Yesterday as I worked on my woodpile I felt as if my senses, my feelings were especially attuned as I allowed myself to be soothed by the repetitive motions. And this is what came:

One Piece at a Time

A chaotic jumble strewn on the ground,
one piece at a time I make order.
Blue heron soars overhead,
chainsaw whirs in the distance,
trees quake in the roaring wind
as they hold tightly to their roots.
My heart has a soft, sad ache as
I ponder the most recent act of terror.
I am grateful for my calm, cozy home
and I gently realize that all I can do is
continue to embrace the Light of Love
that flows around and through me,
send my own Love and wishes for Peace
out into the world
and keep stacking
one piece at a time.

Sarah Carlson
November 14, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment