These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Sunday, March 13, 2016

Let the Light Shine Through

Flagstaff Lake, Maine



Let the Light Shine Through

Brilliant blues of the morning
sky become obscured by
shades of gray that
softly billow and swirl.
Winter sunbeams gently stretch
to frozen waters below.

As I continue to
learn and grow,
awaken and deepen,
I find I crave answers that
are definitive and clear.
I want those pristine blue skies
all around me,
to be free from any
residual, nebulous gloom.
 When I discover that
 what I thought I knew
is not entirely true
I adjust my path,
reorient my inner workings,
and stride ahead with gusto.
But, like benign clouds
above a snowy valley,
sometimes I just need
 to slow down a bit and
let the light shine through.

Sarah Carlson
March 13, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment