These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Thursday, February 23, 2017

Primordial Waters

Barker Brook in the afternoon sun - February 2017

As this poem emerged I kept thinking, "I feel like I already wrote this." And this helped me remember that the nature of healing is circuitous. I became filled with gratitude that I continue to have the opportunity experience the wonders of my own spirit as I access more and more relief. As Gary Paulsen puts it in his journal about his participation in the Iditiarod, it's not about winning or losing but rather, "It's all about the dance." I'm very happy that I am dancing this dance...

Primordial Waters

I love it when I feel 
an energy, a flow within
that is all at once very new,
and very old.
Primordial waters that
carry the pureness of being,
and have a truth about them
that cannot and should not
be denied.
They wash away fear and hurt
as they swirl into
 hidden, frozen places
with sure and gentle power.
There is a healing warmth to them
that soothes and replenishes,
allows for release.
For now, they also stir up
residual angst that loses
potency each and every time
I become aware of this flow.
It can be confusing as
to what to trust 
because of age-old,
ancestral patterns
that are a perplexing mix
of dysfunction and intelligence,
brokenness and resilience.
I’m learning to embrace
that which serves my healing
while detaching from that
which causes pain and despair.
I can feel the beams
of my being glimmering
and gleaming more openly
with growing freedom,
the flow of
primordial waters showing
me the way.
Sarah Carlson
February 23, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment