These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Heartstrings

Morning Web - July 19, 2017

Heartstrings
 
What a relief to put words to my truth,
allow genuine sorrow to uncurl and release,
uncover the deepest underpinnings of me.
I’ve long known much of which
tugs at my heartstrings,
but some threads I was unable to honor
and they were wrapped up,
stored  away.
The need to do that was real for me,
but now I know it was faulty,
 no fault of my own.
Over time they twisted and tangled,
became a repository
for stale, unattended pain.
Parts of the jumble have unraveled,
some with purposeful work
and others on their own.
There may be more.
I don’t really know and, actually,
don’t really care.
I’m rebuilding that which was broken,
re-tethering those heartstrings
to the security of steadfast love.
There’s a vulnerability to this
as neglected emotions come to light
and pristine spaces are open,
waiting to be filled.
But I have a real sense of hope as
strands become strengthened and
more and more I trust
in forgiveness, communion
and the constancy of 
unwavering love.
Sarah Carlson
July 18, 2017

1 comment:

  1. This poem makes me think of Leonard Cohen. He talks about "when the emergency becomes articulate." Your poems are so beautifully articulate and the things you say, hit home for me. Thank you, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete