These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Monday, December 31, 2018

Fully Born


Fully Born

I’m realizing that which was
fully borne by me,
that which should never have been
mine to convey,
has largely been set down for good.
For the good of me, that is.
It was not wrong of me to
lug it for so long.
I simply didn’t know any better.
At times anger wends its way into my being
as I more clearly understand the
contents of the satchel
that weighed me down for so long.
Anger for the imposition,
the false sense of ownership,
the absurdity of it all.
But, in the setting down,
the letting go,
there’s a distinct feeling of 
hmmm…
I think it’s best expressed
as re-birth.
Or, more clearly, a sense of being
fully born.
All the wonderful bits and pieces
that have long been part of me
are adjusting to being 
without the weight
of that old, worn satchel.
I feel grateful that
 I had the strength to carry it,
found my way to safely 
examining its contents,
and now have the opportunity
to drop in
to the newness of being
fully born.
Sarah Carlson
December 31, 2018

1 comment: