These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Saturday, November 2, 2019

Your Glorious Ripples



I share this with gratitude for these waters, this place - Clearwater Lake, Maine

 Glorious Ripples

There is such a multidimensional losing
 to loss.
One wonders,
“Where did he go? Where am I?
 Who am I? Am I okay? How do I go on?”
Slowly, over time, this losing
can actually turn to finding.
In acknowledging the impact of loss,
it truly is possible to uncover
an eventual sense of gain.
Initially an oppressive weight
 that feels immovable and impenetrable,
grief can be an opportunity to
discover one’s veritable self
and the value of what ripples
out from within.
As one examines disheveled bits and pieces
of what was once a coherent whole,
there emerges the ability to enable them
to rearrange and reintegrate
 in their own way, their own time.
 Arriving at this place 
of letting go, letting be,
letting in, letting out
takes time.
And, that's okay.
Instead of heeding the inclinations
to hide or fend off,
there’s a sweet liberty
and tangible joy of allowing
one’s tenderheartedness to circulate.
Lose, find, heal, be
and you may just make your way to
relishing the reverberations of
your glorious ripples
 as they expand
into your surrounds.
Sarah Carlson
November 2, 2019

2 comments:

  1. This speaks volumes for me. I literally am evolving into something much different than I was. I could not have said this better Sarah.

    ReplyDelete