These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Saturday, April 10, 2021

Moments Such as This

The song of a cardinal on my morning walk helped this one come to the surface:

 Moments Such as This

I walk familiar circles,
though inner dialogue shifts.
One foot in front of the other
as onward I move.
I hear you,
but don’t take notice
at first.
Your gentle persistence penetrates.
Upward I gaze,
locate you
on a branch
underlit by the morning sun,
clear blue sky your canvas.
I thank you for moments such as this.
I don’t yet fully understand
and loneliness remains a constant,
though it wanes.
I will continue to listen
and look for these opportunities
to let go residual angst,  
tap my steady wisdom,
build trust in my
connection
to you.

Sarah Carlson
April 9, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment