These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Friday, April 16, 2021

Solace


 

Mt. Blue as seen from the Holley Road. This mountain can be seen from every town in our school district, which is why we are known as Mt. Blue RSD. It's a view that brings a warm smile when ever I return home or just happen to gaze its way.

 

Solace

One fierce event,
subliminal missives
over time,
a potent combination
of the two.
There’s no concrete memory,
but clearly my body recollects
some sort of smothering
that left a multi-strand,
            intricately wound,
                                tightly bound,
                    ball of hurt   
            deep within.
Ever so slowly,
bit by bit,
unwinding and release
have accompanied my healing.
Residual fury
sometimes kindles,
a valid part of the wound.
When I sit with the stillness
that comes after such a surge,
more deeply I feel my essence.
Like a distant mountain
whose familiar silhouette
brings solace in varied skies,
my inner world
more and more
a place of comfort
for me.


Sarah Carlson
April 16, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment