These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Monday, August 1, 2016

Let It Sing

Taken while aboard the Noah's Ark - off Great Wass Island, Maine




I am at a writing program at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in the Berkshires. Yesterday we had an assignment - a 10 minute writing exercise inspired by the work we had done during the day and by How to Be a Poet, by Wendell Berry.

After I wrote this, the picture above came to mind.

Let It Sing
(so I remember)


Drop in. Listen.
Allow the flow
from within.
Let the deep places speak -
from you, for you,
with you.
Notice what surfaces
as it swirls, sifts
and then settles
just as you need
it to be.
In those moments
your heart sings a song
of you.
So drop in. Listen.
And let it sing.
Sarah Carlson
August 1, 2016

2 comments: