These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Thursday, August 4, 2016

Ode to My Flip Flops

Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, August 2016


Big day yesterday at Kripalu. Emotions tapped by deep discussion, yogic releases, quiet time in the meditation garden, spirited Kirtan concert and some bonding with my flip flops.

Ode to My Flip Flops

In lime-green readiness
you lay askew.
I kicked you aside
after last night’s
squeaky return
from a shower.
I was tired and uneasy
and yet
there you are.
No pressure,
 no judgement.
Simply available if
needed.
Your sound reminds me of
summer days in the sixties
and freedom.
I can picture you on the tiles
of the entryway
at home.
And that helps me remember
I am free and
it is safe to be me
in this
unfamiliar place.
Sarah Carlson
at Kripalu
August 3, 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment