These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Time to Recharge


Time to Recharge

Having discharged both things I can define
and things I cannot,
I feel a distinctly different energy.
Some unwanted thought patterns still nibble,
but I find what I need in order
to lighten these minor wonderings.
It may simply be speaking them aloud
to someone I trust.
Or it might be enough to take a pause,
breathe, alter the flow.
Other times I simply must write,
let metaphoric experiences
come alive on paper before my eyes.
The letting go is both from me
and to me.
As this shift in energy suffuses,
I believe the places that have emptied
will fill with what I need
and a sense of safety will
mingle and merge
as I recharge.
I think I must be patient,
allow this to happen in its own time.
As it does I sometimes feel happiness spread.
Like a moment at a concert,
with music of days gone by emanating throughout,
noticing that my face feels strange
and realizing it is because I
had been smiling for quite some time.
Or looking down in awe at the shadow
of my bike wheel,
seeing all parts working in tandem,
 powered by me.
I know I’ve shown great
strength and courage along the way.
This is about opening wide to Universal Love,
letting the recharge happen as it will.
No threat, no shame, no reason to hide.
Simply time to recharge.
Sarah Carlson
July 10, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment