These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Sunday, July 29, 2018

Sweet, Soft Memories


Sweet, Soft Memories

Up and over Dallas Hill,
along the ridge,
is the little red house we called home
when our first baby was born.
Down the other side,
on the shore of Saddleback Lake,
is where our love first emerged.
I visited this special part
of our world,
 and as I explored
the pain of loss was very gentle.
Instead I was filled
with sweet, soft memories
of tennis matches, moonlight hikes
bike rides to the movies,
horseback adventures -
me on Buck, you on Fire,
as we opened our hearts
to each other.
Before I headed down the road
to return to the home we shared
as our children grew,
I gazed out over the lake.
And again delightful memories
swirled all through.
Paddling, sailing, swimming,
skiing on the frozen surface.
I will always miss your physical presence,
but these memories are
 such a tender balm to my being
as I harbor them
 in my healing heart.
I’m so grateful for
sweet, soft memories
of you and me
together.
Sarah Carlson
July 29, 2018

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this sweet and intimate moment with us . . . and so articulately.

    ReplyDelete