These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Monday, August 6, 2018

Truth

Parker Ridge Trail, Tumbledown Mountain - photo by Katharina Burdet



Truth

Hear me, little one.
Trust me when I say you are safe,
we are safe.
We’ve worked hard
to uncover and explore,
wonder and weep,
receive and recover.
We, together, are me
and it’s time to fully align to the truth.
The continual sense of goodness
that has kept me company,
even in the hardest of times,
is real.
The core of strength
that has fortified my being
all along the way
is sure.
The ability to write,
illuminating healing and hope,
is beautiful and right to share.
The curative experiences
of body, mind, and spirit
can and should
 be welcomed and absorbed.
On solid ground,
beneath a benign sky,
serenaded by flowing waters
I stand full, robust, and ready.
I can take deep restorative breaths,
open wide to the beauty
both before me and within me.
Though there may be occasional stirs
as I assimilate and adjust,
the truth is
I am safe
to freely, fully,
firmly
be me.
Sarah Carlson
August 6, 2018

1 comment:

  1. I love the tone of strength and sure-footedness in this one!

    ReplyDelete