These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sun Shimmers and Rain Plops

Parker Pond, Maine


You'll have to look closely at the picture above. These moments didn't last long.

Sun Shimmers and Rain Plops

Blue-gray sky speckled with fair weather clouds.
Just enough wind to make evergreens waltz,
waves lap against my granite perch,
sunlight glitter upon their varied faces.
I settle in to read for a bit,
about indigenous wisdom and
the illusion of separation.
In need of some time
to ponder the message
I set my book aside and,
from seemingly nowhere,
a gentle, spotty rain begins to fall.
For just a few moments
sun shimmers and rain plops
dance on the water’s surface,
 together as one.
Circles within circles
bobbing, expanding, flowing
on the twinkling, reflective sheen.
Grateful and content,
I smile at nature’s
timely illustration.
Sarah Carlson
August 26, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment