These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Thursday, August 16, 2018

Two Briny Beings

Popham Beach State Park, Maine
This poem connects to and earlier piece titled Cross-Currents. It can be found on page 155 of The Radiance of Change and in the blog archive of September, 2016.

Two Briny Beings

Standing strong
in soft sand,
my tender feet
sink just a bit.
Ocean waves come from
 multiple directions,
wash around my legs.
I am mesmerized by the moment,
though right then I don’t quite know why.
I just knew I needed to be
right there, right then.
I can still feel the sensations of
sand caressing my feet,
water enveloping my skin.
Two briny beings
in a tidal dance
 of wholeness.
I didn’t have to understand fully
the reasons for my desire to
be in that spot,
just knew to follow the guidance
from whence it came.
No tension, no worry,
no remorse.
That sublime sensation
of letting go,
letting flow
in action once again
around me,
for me,
 within me.
Sarah Carlson
August 15, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment