These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Wednesday, December 18, 2019

One Love


One Love

Imposed angst had a hold
on your good and caring heart.
Little by little you’ve
found the time and space
to loosen, reclaim, transmute.
You were used to walking hand in hand.
His grip and yours were
gracefully entwined
and you felt safe, held, happy.
You’ve been reaching,
gingerly trying to take hold,
at the same time
striving to let go
with gentleness and compassion.
You know now that I’m here,
just as you need me to be.
Feel free to take my hand
when you long for support.
My light is yours,
your light mine.
Call me whatever you want.
Let go of descriptors
and just feel the love.
It’s there, even when it’s
a challenge to discern.
My love, his love, her love,
their love, and yours.
It’s all the same.
 Embrace the essence.
    Hold it,
                 believe it,
                           cherish it,
                                           walk with it.
It’s real and true.
One Love.
Sarah Carlson
December 17, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment