These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Friday, September 24, 2021

Divinely They Dance

Harvest Moon rising on Lower Shin Pond, Maine
 

I share this poem with gratitude to my grandson who has so much to teach.

Divinely They Dance

I rock you in my arms
as you rest quietly.
I feel the depth of your love,
freedom of your trust,
rhythm of your being.
My thoughts drift back
to the day we shared.
How you opened your arms,
beamed your smile,
from the moment of your waking.
How you picked up a twig,
a leaf, a blade of grass,
a piece of bark
and held each to the sky
in wonderment.
How your body adjusted
to the coolness of the lake
and you splashed and giggled
at the sights, sounds, sensations.
How you explored the cabin,
every cranny and nook,
finding your balance
as your side-steps
become walking,
 whole body smile
your consistent companion.
You don’t have words yet,
but there is no need.
Your delight emanates,
like the light of the full moon
that rises in a darkened sky
as we cuddle.
Baby love,
so pure and true.
Maternal love,
that way, too.
Like shimmering moonbeams,
divinely they dance.


Sarah Carlson
September 24, 2021

2 comments:

  1. I can see all this you describe through you sitting there in that rocker on the porch holding Otto, all bundled and cozy in your arms. Sweeter than sweet Sara.

    ReplyDelete