These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Because I Am In It


 Because I Am In It

As I re-read my poems
I waver between thinking
I keep saying the same thing
to actual awe in how
keenly I articulate
the meanderings of healing.
As I see those words,
I know the latter to be true.
I have chosen to keep writing
through a global pandemic that, for me,
includes a wide range of life experiences
from the death of a mother,
 to retirement from a beloved profession
to the birth of my first grandchild.
Through it all
my home has become a sanctuary,
though I think it may be time to move.
I was curious about those two thoughts
coming together in my mind.
As I returned from a walk just yesterday
I thought, “I love this space…ohhhhh…
I love this space
 because I am in it.”
Like a late season rose,
I open to the changes within
and all around.
I’m not sure what is next,
but this meander has led me
right back
 to me.
A pure, unfurled,
wonder-filled me,
aglow with appreciation
of my very own self.

Sarah Carlson
November 10, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment