These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Saturday, December 31, 2022

The Wonder of the Moment



 The Wonder of the Moment

The soft, familiar longing
that accompanies each new year
has once again
shifted within.
I can feel it without
judgment or regret,
let tears trickle or flow
 if there is a need
without even trying to
identify the source.
The biggest change, however,
 is an ever growing reconnection
to the sense of wonder I felt
from the day we met.
I feel it blossom when
I teach in new ways,
spend time with our children,
write these very words.
It swirls and saturates
as our precious grandson
rekindles
a visceral connection
to the joys of
discovery and awe.
Like the magic of noticing
 the bell you were given
on a Christmas Train
looks just like the one in the book
that your Oma reads to you
on a winter’s eve
as she tucks you into bed.
AND, having the words
to express the truth and
wonder of the moment.
I’m so grateful to be heading
 into the newness
of 2023 with all of this
aboard.

Sarah Carlson
December 31, 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment