These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Solstice Sensations


 Solstice Sensations

 I sit  by a tree
that is essentially just for me,
 treasure the coziness
of its gentle glow
as it mingles with the dark.
I smile at the memories
that each ornament contains,
feel the light of your love
and gratitude for the loves
our children have found.
With bright anticipation
of Christmas with our
two-year-old grandson,
the radiance of his joy
and daily discoveries,
I honor the softness
of ever more settling within.
There is some stiffness still.
Yet, like the shafts
of a low December sun
that make their way
through snow covered trees,
there is always
hope in the hollows,
glimmer through the gloom,
energy of ease.
During these times
I savor the wholesomeness
of finding company
in the gentle goodness
of me.
Solstice sensations
that, though unexpected,
I receive and embrace
gratefully.

Sarah Carlson
December 21, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment