These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Monday, May 29, 2023

The Intangible


 The Intangible

I’ve been cleaning out
this home,
deciding what
to keep in my now.
Many things are easy to let go
and I happily pass them on.
The champagne glasses
from our wedding
puzzle me at first.
I don’t seem to want them,
but why?
After a toast
with family and friends,
you surreptitiously kept
these very glasses
that I now contemplate.
I take them outside,
sit on the deck,
allow wondering
to ebb and flow.
Awakening trees
reflect and refract
in their glass
as they nestle and sparkle
in the springtime sun.
A symphony of birdsong
settles my being
as understanding slowly unfurls.
It’s the intangible
 that so often provides
deep comfort.
Just when I least expect it
I see, feel, hear what it is
that these glasses actually hold.
I am reminded that
you are everywhere,
including right here -
wherever it is
that I am.

Sarah Carlson
May 29, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment