These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Friday, May 19, 2023

Apple Blossoms and Snowflakes


 Apple Blossoms and Snowflakes

There are times in life
when it’s hard to make sense
of what is right in front of you.
For me, this happens when
what I thought I knew
is not entirely true
and things just feel askew.
Often this intrigues me
and I look within it all
for hope and newness.
Other times it makes
my body ache and
my soul weep
as my mind
strives to understand.
Eventually, though,
I can settle
into sweet support
and deeper awareness of ME.
I think of my two-year-old grandson,
who said upon waking early one morning
during a winter sleepover,
“What’s going on in here?
It’s time to turn the lights on!”
Such good advice…
And, so I do.
Turn the lights on, that is.
Allow illumination to find
what I need,
and let the rest be
as best I am able.
Like a spring evening
when apple blossoms
and snowflakes
share the same space
in one’s front yard,
or looking to the horizon
when fields are greening
and some mountains are still white.
Things that seem discordant
can actually peacefully
and beautifully coexist.
Thanks, Otto,
for once again
pointing out that
which is true.

Sarah Carlson
May 19, 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment