These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Monday, May 15, 2023

Be Two, Be True

Photo by Emma Carlson

Be Two, Be True

We sit by a lake,
feel the wind in our hair,
watch whitecaps
dance in the distance.
We listen to birdsong,
enjoy Grandma’s flowers,
see pictures in the clouds
with Mama -
as she and I once did
with my father.
We listen to a song
that Dada sang
opening oatmeal,
have a belly laugh
all together.
We explore and wonder,
ask and answer,
feel big feels,
whatever they may be.
We cuddle on the couch
with ‘our’ book
finding all the
pictures and poems
about our earliest
moments together.
He slowly leans back,
gently holds my face,
nestles his to mine.
I breathe deeply,
immerse in these pure
moments of shared love.
Once again I marvel
at the simple elegance
of his essence,
and the wonder
of being two,
being so
                    fully
                                true.

Sarah Carlson (Oma)
May 15, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment