These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Sunday, February 6, 2011

Good sorrow


Letting them flow led to this piece - one of my favorites in many ways.

Good Sorrow

I never thought that sorrow
could be a good thing,
but, truthfully,
when it is felt for the purpose of release,
when it is honored and not judged
it is a very good thing.
Experiencing sorrow means
that you care about
what was and, as importantly,
about what is.
It provides the outlet
for true grief to happen
as it should.
In going into the goodness
of sorrow
one can find meaning
and solace,
and love.
So I wish good sorrow
to all who have lost something
or someone.
Let it come,
let it go,
let it heal,
let it flow.
Good sorrow.
Sarah Carlson
June 24, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment