These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Healing my broken heart




These speak for themselves - two heartfelt pieces that shed light on profound movement from a deeply broken heart to one that is fully open to appreciate love that was, immerse in love that is, and... be expectant of love that will be.

A Heart Reborn

As I find my voice and learn
to trust in living my truth,
my good and caring heart
is beginning to dance.
There is an excitement,
an exuberance,
that has long
been hovering on my fringes.
I can feel it moving as my center
quivers with an energy
that is new to me.
As it awakens
my heart stretches and tests,
fills the once hidden crannies,
and turns somersaults
in my core.
Open, ready, whole -
a heart reborn.
Sarah Carlson
June 4, 2008

Peace in My Heart

I more clearly understand the shroud of
fear I have carried for so long.
I view it as a heavy, dark, red cape
with many folds that curl back on
one another providing nooks
where unknown fears have long
hidden in the shadows.
Yet now I can also picture it
as it cascades away from me,
gently curling aside and
encircling me at my feet,
layer upon layer upon layer.
For now I know that I don’t
have to understand everything
that is in those folds,
I simply have to let it fall
as it will.
That it once feigned protection,
but now is beautiful as it unwinds.
That it contains heartache,
but also much that helped
me tap the well of my own true core.
That as it falls my once
broken heart not only fully
heals, but becomes free and expansive.
I believe the dust is finally settling
from the battles that
this spunky warrior has waged,
taking on much more than
she ever could have imagined,
and now it is time
to not only know peace,
but feel it in my heart, as well.
Sarah Carlson
August 7, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment