These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Thursday, October 26, 2017

The Road Taken

Carriage Road - Acadia National Park

The Road Taken

After he died
I tried to keep going,
but eventually I simply could not.
The road I was traveling
became impassable,
and I turned to head a different way.
This has not been easy,
requiring courage and determination
that I now see are strengths for me.
I remember walking and wondering,
looking toward the distant mountains,
realizing that I needed to explore within.
I didn’t know how much work this would be,
what it really even meant,
or where it would take me.
But, from a place deep down inside
 my hurting self,
there emerged a wisdom
that I knew to follow.
I chose a different road.
Now, all these years later,
I’m so glad I did.
The road taken
has been one of sorrow and joy,
confusion and understanding,
fear and love,
pain and release.
It continues to take me to places
that provide what I need
to heal and find peace
at the time when I am ready.
I reap rewards,
feel freedom,
access the abundance
 of me.
I look forward
to where else the road taken
might lead.
Sarah Carlson
October 26, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment