These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Saturday, November 11, 2017

Sweet Safety, Deepened

Photo by Jake Risch - Lower Shin Pond, Maine

This piece has been through many edits - quite a different process for me. More of the radiance of change, perhaps.
Sweet Safety, Deepened

When I slow down, take a pause,
I become more fully acquainted
with the tender, loving support
of the Divine.
Once a fledgling at this,
more and more I am able to
let myself relax into it
without reservation.
As I do,
my appreciation
of its bounty and benevolence
strengthens.
I thought I already had this, knew this,
but the beautiful reality of healing
is that, once invited,
 it happens in its own time,
doesn’t need to be forced,
or judged.
The more one settles,
the more there is to discover.
There are moments
when this deep healing feels like
a viscous, balmy tonic
with an amazing propensity
of seeping into the spaces
and places that need it most.
It caresses and coats them,
sinking to the depths
like the fine sediment of
gently flowing waters.
Particles of past traumas
swirl away with the flow,
and there is visceral relief,
as that sense
of sweet safety
deepens.
Sarah Carlson
November 11, 2017

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Dear Sarah. I love the idea of becoming familiar with the "beautiful reality of healing." Thank you for continuing to share your incredible journey through your poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "viscous tonic ... seeping into places that need it" Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete