These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Saturday, October 7, 2017

Inner Symphony

 October Rose Blossoms - Clearwater Lake, Maine
Inner Symphony

Occasionally I just need to get away.
I’ve always been like that, but in my youth
the opportunity to do so wasn’t always there.
The more I honor my health,
 the more I understand
that getting away is actually a going to.
When I feel overwhelmed by discordant energy
that sometimes surrounds,
it is good and right to sit with
my own orchestrations.
Whatever is there is mine,
giving me the choice of where
I want to direct my attention.
Undertones of fear and worry
once had their place,
when exposing my big energy
actually was not safe.
And so those tempos are strong.
 At times I still default to them
when I'm uneasy in the novelty
that comes with healing.
All I need to do is notice them,
maybe even say,
“Thanks for showing up,
for your help in the past,
but I think I’ll try a new way this time.”
I can breathe, let them flow through
and cascade away.
I’m the conductor now,
my inner symphony becoming
so much more harmonious as
my refreshing rhythms,
my multiple melodies
ring strong and true and free.
Sarah Carlson
October 6, 2017

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah! I love all your poems, but this one strikes such a particularly deep inner chord . . . those "inner orchestrations" as you say. I love the line: "getting away is actually a going to." So true! And the "uneasiness with the novelty that comes with healing" gives me so much to think about. Could it be that "age" is a patterned and habitual response to familiar things, while youth (and healing) is the joyful embrace of novelty . . . actual oneness with it? Hmmmm . . . It is good for me to think along these lines tonight. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think that's so true - youth and healing can and should be the joyful embrace of novelty...:) Nice!

      Delete