These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Wednesday, December 27, 2017

On the Right Track



On the Right Track

Oftentimes I do feel
I am on the right track.
I attend to my valid sorrows,
welcome breathy joys,
value my unique self.
I am full of purpose,
radiance, and vitality.
But then sometimes
 I feel adrift, lonely,
and weary of grief.
At times tear surface and
I can't identify their origin.
They come quickly,
catch me by surprise,
clearly need to flow.
They come and they go,
but leave me with a gentle unease.
I believe that some
of the defunct lessons
I absorbed are still
unsnarling and
I don’t need to understand
 the leftover tangles.
Just the writing of that
 produces peace.
I can feel my body relax,
my mind settle,
my spirit soothe.
I think I will make the choice
 to gratefully and lovingly
continue on my way,
trust that I truly am
on the right track.
Sarah Carlson
December 27, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment