These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Let You Be at Peace



Let You Be at Peace

You left so much
for me to sort through.
It's been a challenge,
but more importantly,
 a gift.
It helped me see
that what I remember is true.
The tug of the house
and all it contained was strong,
but the pull of love
has more vigor, warmth,
and radiance.
I knew to follow it,
have done so with
courage and tenacity
that also comes from you.
And so, Mom and Dad,
now it's time for me
 to let you be at peace.
Rest together 
as the struggles
 really are over.
Know that I love you,
always have, always will.
I know you love me, too.
You have my gratitude
and my hope that you
settle into Grace,
be with Love,
rest in Peace.
Love, Sarah
June 25, 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment