These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Friday, August 21, 2020

Thank You ...

Thank You…

Hummingbird hovers by my kitchen window
as I attend to multi-faceted details
of my mother’s estate.
I smile, unease settles
with remembering how she loved to
feed the birds in Waterville, at Sugarloaf,
 by the lake.
Thank you, Mom.
Dragonfly lands next to my hand
as I rest by a rock
 during a morning swim,
Memories stir of learning to row, sail,
navigate Great Pond
from my father,
dragonflies our welcome companions.
Thank you, Dad.
Morning breeze wafts through a window,
caresses my face
in moments of healing.
The same room where I noticed the breeze
and listened to the contented breath
of my soulmate
that last morning so long ago.
Thank you, Barry.
Sureness strengthens as I walk away
from my childhood home
without any need to look back.
I can hear my brother’s words,
“It’s not yours to carry, Sarah.
It’s okay.
 Let go.”
Thank you, Geof.
Serendipitous winged one
visits near my deck.
I’m distracted, but Hawk makes sure
that I look up,
appreciate such moments
as I more and more let go fears
that were not, are not mine.
It is safe and good and right
to feel the fullness of me,
the divine nature of breath.
Thank you, Hawk.
Thank you…
Sarah Carlson
August 21, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment