These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Unbounded

Unbounded

The losses and stresses
of my young life
took a seat
way in the back
as I was obscured
by the needs of others.
Still, I know love when I feel it.
The brightness,
the rightness of my light
was surrounded,
almost encapsulated,
by dense, distressing darkness.
Still, it shines.
In my past
when I was hurting
or needing help,
I ran headlong
into a wall of anger and disdain.
Still, I find my way to healing.
I lost so much on a May day in 2002.
There one minute, gone the next.
Still, here I am –
tender, radiant, lively me.
Energetic, fun-loving,
go-out-for-a-ski-
even-though-it’s-13-below-
giggle-at-frozen-eyelashes-
and-frosty-hair me.
I’m right here
learning to relax into
the dawning joy
 of being unbounded.

Sarah Carlson
March 2, 2021

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful Sarah! It encourages me, as I think we *may* have had a similar "past" growing up. And you still found your Joy! Your true YOU! :) Just lovely....

    ReplyDelete