These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Sunday, May 9, 2021

I'll Hold You, Too

Photo by Emma Carlson

 

Happy Mother's Day on my first one as Oma.

 I’ll Hold You, Too

Unsettled,
you are in need
of comfort.
I speak quiet words
of encouragement
and love.
Slowly and steadily
your  body relaxes
and you nestle
into my arms,
tiny fingers
wrapped around
one of mine.
Once again I drift back
to days of mothering.
Precious moments of
holding my babies,
calming their unease,
soothing their tears,
basking in wholesome love shared
with them and their sweet dad.
A tender sigh brings me
back to you,
your contented breath
and gentle holding.
I’m so very happy
that I get
to hold you, too.

Sarah Carlson
May 9, 2021

1 comment:

  1. This and ALL your poems about your precious grandson speak so eloquently to the miracle of life. I will never be a mother, but poems like this make that ineffable experience a little more tangible for me.

    ReplyDelete