These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Friday, May 14, 2021

Smothered No Longer


 Smothered No Longer

The wounds of grief,
whatever the origin,
need not be fully defined
as dark,
though that does
loom large early on.
Given space
to express and honor,
explore and heal,
one gains the opening
to transmute.
There is potential
to access
diffusing Light,
branching awareness,
currents of quiet peace.
When grief bursts come now
I know what to do:
Allow,
    speak,
        cry,    
                    remember,
                    love…
                            me.
                            Breathe,
                    ponder,
                recover,
      hold,
be…
me.
What sweet relief it is
to have my grief
smothered no longer.
What dawning joy
I discern
 by granting it
with Love.

Sarah Carlson
May 14, 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment