These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Wednesday, June 30, 2021

This Day

 

Recently I took a walk on the Mingo Springs Trail and Birdwalk, designed by John Bicknell. John and my husband Barry knew each other in bygone days. Gentle men, both.

The trail is in Rangeley, Maine where I met Barry in 1975. We were married 42 years ago today. I deeply miss him though it has been 19 yeas since he died. I learned so very much in the years we shared together and from the years I have spent adjusting to life without him. I am grateful and hopeful and will remain so. Days like today, though, do contain sadness. And, that's okay.

This Day 

Wind whispers in diverse branches,
 shadows flicker with passing clouds,
lush undergrowth thrives.
She walks pensively
along the clear path ahead
allowing sensations to arise,
 come and go as they may.
Ancillary sorrows,
remembered joys,
everything betwixt and between.
She pauses,
 scans the woodsy scene,
sighs and smiles,
enables soft memories
of falling in love with
a kindhearted,
blue-eyed,
gentle man
billow and swirl.
That love,
that passion,
that partnership
remain true
as she forges on.
Warm sunlight,
playful shadows,
dancing trees,
courageous human.
This day,
like so many others,
she chooses to move forward
with the pulsating power
of Love
solidly on board.

Sarah Carlson
June 30, 2021

1 comment: