These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Unburdened


 These rocks spoke to me when I did a birthday walk at Wolfe Neck Woods State Park recently. I wasn't sure why until today - three weeks later.

Unburdened


Layers and layers

form, fuse, tip,

merge, morph, split.

A heavy load this can be

if one was trained 

to carry.

Bit by bit comes the dismantling.

Some slabs, though weathered,

have a stealthy strength,

even in the smaller chunks.

The jaggedness of feeling judged

can be present

when one allows vulnerabilities

to be exposed,

when one learned 

to keep certain emotions

hidden away.

Little by little the load can lighten,

if one is supported 

in laying it down

or casting it away.

A confusing crevice

forms when friends 

seem to fall by the wayside,

especially in a pandemic

as solitude takes on new meaning. 

Step by step, however, 

those who choose 

to allow grief

have the opportunity 

to rediscover being held,

even as complex tears flow.

For me,

I must remember

the hope that has run true

throughout.

I must trust that the

 flowing of tears

will help clear the way to 

whatever comes next.

Unburdened,

I will continue on

to discover ever more

in me.

Sarah Carlson

June 16, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment